Instructions are for one napkin ring. Might as well make four or more.
Finished size is about 1.5″ tall and 2″ across. Shown above with a 1/2″ button. A larger button would need a longer strip.
- Cut two strips, one each of inside and outside fabrics: 7″ x 2.25″
- Cut one batting strip just big enough to catch in seam allowance.
- Layer fabrics in this order: Inside fabric, face up. Outside fabric, face down. Batting on top.
- Sew around using 1/4″ seam allowance, starting near the corner, and leaving a hole about 2″ for turning.
- Clip corners, turn, press.
- Top stitch all around, near the edge. Back tack.
- Position buttonhole on the end w/o the back tack, 3/8″ from edge. Measure a little over 5/8″ for buttonhole and sew. A little bit of the ending stitch at the beginning of the buttonhole makes a stronger close.
- Sew button to other end.
Done, pretty, enjoy!
If you prefer, visit our etsy store to purchase in stock items or request a custom order.